In the interests of our staff, our clients, our partners and the communities in which we operate, Oryx Energies aims to become a reference in Health, Safety, Security, the Environment and Quality (HSSEQ).
To achieve this, the integrated HSSEQ management system for all Oryx Energies’ operations has been certified in the form of an “integrated” multi-site and multi-activity certificate, responding to the criteria of ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environment) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Health and Safety).
Our HSSEQ philosophy covers all Oryx Energies activities. It involves the development of a collective culture that ensures that health, safety, security, quality and environmental considerations are a natural part of daily activities and decision-making for every individual within our organisation.
HSSEQ standards and procedures apply to all our sites, all our people and all the companies with which we work. This ensures a systematic approach and the availability of the appropriate skills and resources.
- Achieve zero accidents everywhere. We want to be listed among the best companies in the world in terms of work safety.
- Mitigate the technical risks associated with our operations by applying industry best practices to ensure the integrity and safety of our installations.
- Constantly reinforce our HSSEQ culture by training and supporting all our employees so that compliance with HSSEQ behaviour becomes a fundamental principle across the company.
We pay particular attention to prevention and protective measures so that we can anticipate and, ideally, avoid potential incidents.
Our preventive initiatives
- Incorporating strict safety and security rules at the design stage of our installations.
- Meeting recognised technical standards.
- Respecting, reviewing and constantly improving, operating procedures.
- HSSEQ audits of all activities, according to the three standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, carried out by certified internal auditors.
- Developing HSSEQ competences and behaviours across all our employees through training and security drills.
These principles apply to the full range of our activities, including the storage, filling, packaging and transport of fuels, LPG, lubricants and bitumen.
- We take every precaution to minimise the potential impact our products and services may have on the environment.
- In the preparation of new projects, we systematically carry out environmental impact assessments, while audits are regularly performed on existing installations.
- When we acquire new assets, thorough environmental assessments are conducted as part of our due diligence and we make the necessary investments, post-acquisition, to ensure that the acquired sites are brought into line with internationally recognised standards.
Nourishing an HSSEQ culture
We have developed a progam based on the 'Hearts and Minds'TM approach to encourage and reinforce HSSEQ-conscious behaviour among our employees. We want to make the right behaviour instinctive.
This program includes safety training and active learning sessions. The content, language and duration are adapted to different audiences, from senior management to field managers and workers at all levels.
The program is facilitated by our central HSSEQ function and driven locally by our HSSEQ focal points and country managers. Country managers are tasked with maintaining the visibility and impact of our global HSSEQ directives within their own operation, building a HSSEQ-conscious culture and ensuring the most effective risk management at every site.